Wednesday, April 08, 2015

#30DaysofScootering - Day 8 - Houseboats, Art and Little Libraries


It's Wednesday so once again I take the bus from Issaquah to Seattle and then scooter from downtown to the Greenwood neighborhood.


I love scootering along Lake Union. There's always a great variety of vessels.


There are entire floating neighborhoods.

 

 I cross the ship canal on the Fremont bridge.


One of the more famous and controversial pieces art in Fremont is this Lenin statue, a relic imported from the old Soviet Union. The DISGRACE and the bloody hand are recently added artistic commentary.


I normally scoot/walk up Fremont Avenue but I thought I'd vary my route a bit today to check out some side streets for variety and to see if maybe they were less steep. This one was pretty but even steeper than Fremont.


I always try to budget an hour or so for a little snack and reading break at Fresh Flours on Phinney Ridge.


Seattle has some very pretty neighborhood streets.



 The Greenwood neighborhood is rich in Little Free Libraries.


While on a test ride at work, I found two more libraries in the same block.


At 5:00 o'clock I roll back toward downtown. These neighborhoods all grew up along the old Interurban trolley line.



Seattle looks pretty good in the sunshine.



Downtown is constantly under construction.


I like these bike racks that are shaped like bikes.


See those tracks leading to the Space Needle? They're for the Monorail.


Like any truly great city (Brockway, Ogdenville or North Haverbrook to name a few!) Seattle has its own Monorail.

12.5 miles of scootering today, bringing the month total to 43.10 miles.

No comments: