Thursday, April 16, 2015

#30DaysofScootering - Day 16 - Lake Sammamish State Park


This first picture isn't from today's scooter trip, but I'm including it here because I think it's cool. Every Thursday morning Christine and I walk the two miles from our home to the Issaquah Cafe, have a wonderful breakfast, and then walk home. This morning, on the walk home, Christine noticed that this little snail was taking refuge from the morning sun in the hollow of an old apple tree.


It's a beautiful, sunny day in Issaquah and I got out for a bit of scootering later in the afternoon. Along side the Pickering Trail there's an odd little platform with this bit of appropriate graffiti.


The platform looks over some low scrub. It is kind of puzzling. But I know the rest of the story.


When the trail was originally built, this viewing platform was right next to the creek. But the next year the creek flooded and cut a new channel. So the viewing platform no longer has a great view.


I scoot over to Lake Sammamish State Park.




A paraglider is practicing by the lake. Issaquah is popular with paragliders. There's a good launch site on PooPoo Point on Tiger Mountain and a landing field along the Issaquah-Hobart Road.


An eagle, high up in a tree, ignores a crow soaring below him.


This is as close a zoom shot as I can get of the eagle.


There's a nice trail that follows the west bank of the Issaquah Creek as it flows into the lake.


This boardwalk is a recent, welcome addition to the trail.





Swifty is soaking up the sun.


Of course I have to add to my collection of Swifty on bridge pictures.




I follow the Lake Sammamish Trail back toward home.


This little critter was almost quicker than my camera.


It's another beautiful day in Issaquah.


This is the view looking south on Rainier Boulevard. That's Mount Rainier in the distance. It's about 50 miles away as the raven flies.

8.30 miles of scootering today, bringing the month's total to 90.08 miles.

No comments: