Wednesday, April 29, 2015

#30DaysofScootering - Day 29 - Another Seattle Scoot Commute


On Wednesdays I work in Seattle. I take the bus from Issaquah to downtown Seattle and then scoot the 6 miles to Greenwood. I always budget some time for wandering around.


Quite a few geese make South Lake Union their home.



There are always interesting vessels at the Center for Wooden Boats.




Seattle has many fine book shops. It's still too early for Ophelia's to be open, but I like to see what they have on display.


This looks interesting. I should stop back another time.


The climb up Fremont Avenue is slow going, but there are interesting things along the way.






When you're going slow, you have the time to notice more.


A lot of the bikes I work on at G&O are big cargo bikes, but some are small, like this Brompton. Note the auxiliary kid seat. 


This bit of wisdom is printed on the end of a Faraday Porteur box.


Here's another Brompton. They're very nice little bikes.


Tyler is putting one of the cargo bikes to good use.


After a full day at the shop, I roll back toward downtown.


Construction cranes are the defining feature of the Seattle skyline these days.


But there's still only one Space Needle.

12.88 miles of scootering today, bringing the month's total to 163.46 miles.

No comments: