Sunday, April 20, 2014

30DaysofScootering: Italian Cars and Issaquah's Resident Rooster


Today was another working day for me, but I got out for a bit in the morning. I scootered over to the Triple XXX Drive-in, which today was hosting a bunch of Italian car enthusiasts.


While I manage to live a perfectly fine life without bothering to own an automobile, I can certainly appreciate nifty machinery. I find people who are passionate about something tend to be interesting folks.


I don't know enough about cars to make intelligent comments, but I took some pictures of things I found interesting.

 











Right near the car show was this new business that is opening up in Issaquah. They have some awesome adventure equipment.



This rig is very cool.


Here is a shot of the interior of the tent. Plenty of room for a couple of folks to sleep comfortably.


They also had this rugged camp van.


Another nifty little Italian car.


The Triple XXX is not a health-food place,


Nearly every weekend there is some kind of car group meeting here. The whole place hasn't changed much since the 1950s.


I also scooter over to the Espresso stand on Front Street.


The little doghouse to the right of the stand doesn't house a dog.


It's home to McNugget the rooster, who roams free. McNugget has survived dog attacks, a well-meaning kidnapping and a dozen Issaquah winters. He still is going strong.


I scooter home and then off to work.

2.76 miles of scootering today, bringing my April total to 159.03 miles.

1 comment:

David Lazar said...

What's this got to do with cycling?! Haha, just kidding - LOVE the micro-view of Issaquah, Kent. Just as a cyclist experiences more than a driver, apparently a scooterist (please credit me if you use that one!) may see more than a cyclist! BTW, I liked Nexus, but it's very intense and nearly put me over the edge!! Cheers, Kent.