Wednesday, April 30, 2014

#30DaysofScootering: The End Is Not The End

Today is the last day of April, the last day I've committed to this odd promise of scootering and blogging every day. I leave far too early for a meeting with a friend where we'll solve the problems of the world. I allow extra time to wander, to stop, to take a picture or a note. These are my habits now.

I doubt I'll keep to the daily blogging discipline, that still feels like a chore, but the camera falls easily to hand and my feet tread scooter deck or street with equal ease. Scootering has become as habitual as a heartbeat.

Thoreau had his walks around Concord, I have my scooter trips around Issaquah. There are animals I've come to know, birds, trees, flowers, ponds. It would seem unnatural not to visit, or at least non-neighborly. My neighborhood has made me neighborly.

The birds are mostly used to my not talking, so I'm not here to say goodbye or to promise I'll be back tomorrow.

But every day of these past thirty has shown me something and the things I've seen bring me back, later, to see more.

I'm no longer promising a report every day, but every day delivers something promising and these past thirty have helped me learn to look. I wont stop looking.

And so I'll keep rolling, wandering. And maybe blogging now and then. About what I've found while out and about on my feet or my bike or my scooter.

8.44 miles of scootering today, bringing my April total to 242.23 miles.

Thanks for putting up with the #30DaysofScootering.

Post a Comment