Friday, April 06, 2012

Bonus Post - Fiction For Friday

The #30DaysofBiking and Blogging From A to Z Challenge posts are brief snapshots of the daily rides I'm taking this month, but I also work on some other projects that find expression in other forms. As a Friday bonus, I'm posting one of these, a short bit of fiction I wrote recently. My friend Mimi Torchia Boothby created a lovely watercolor to illustrate the story.

I hope you enjoy it. Have a wonderful and blessed weekend.

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah WA USA






Update 11/20/2012

The bad news is that the story isn't here any more. The good news is that it is being published in Ride 2, a collection of short fiction about bicycles. When the anthology is published, I'll put a link to it on my blog. Thanks for all the comments. I've got more stories in the works.

Update 12/9/2012

Here's the link: http://kentsbike.blogspot.com/2012/12/ride-2-more-short-fiction-about-bicycles.html

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah WA USA

9 comments:

Dan said...

Very nice. Thanks for posting this.

Mimi said...

I do love your story. And it's all about love!

Thanks for using my painting.

Mimi Torchia Boothby Watercolors

Anonymous said...

This was wonderful, I hope I'll see another from you in RIDE 2 :)

HappyCampers said...

This is great, very readable. Hope to see more.

anni m said...

I love this story, it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for this, and all your wonderful writing.

RoadieRyan said...

Great Story Kent and the watercolor adds a really nice touch. Well done hope you will write more. Thank you

Ryan

Roy said...

Most excellent! Thank you.

Roy

Matt said...

Good story Kent. The character development was strong and the mood was consistent and clear throughout. Fiction is sure different beast to tackle and think this was a fine piece of writing. Well done & I am looking forward to Saturday.

Cheers,

Matt

Slo Joe said...

Enjoyed the story Kent. A fine unexpected ending.

Knowing Mimi and her hub from a bike forum, I do believe right now he might enjoy a batch of Alice B...er.....Mrs. H's brownies.