Wednesday, April 04, 2012

#30DaysofBiking: Dodging Drizzle on the Dahon


Today Dawned a bit Dank, but unDeterred my Dahon and I Dodged the Drizzle. It's mostly a matter of proper timing and picking a good place to go. As you can see, the Issaquah-Preston trail was muddy but the Maxxis Hookworm tires I have on the Dahon are about two inches wide and handled the mud with ease.


The trail is part of the Mountains to Sound Greenway.


This is one of my favorite spots and it's only a couple of miles from my home.


The trail becomes paved thru Preston. I stopped for coffee in Preston, read a bit more in Maggie's excellent book on energy and then rolled on home.

11 miles for the day.

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah WA USA

6 comments:

Linda said...

Question: the Dahon has diametrically demure wheels. Do you discover that you pedal a lot more while deftly deambulating due to the diverse wheel size or do you disclaim that declaration?

Anonymous said...

AWESOME pics,Kent! Seeing your Dahon makes me want out on my Citizen (it's a Miami,so despite it being a lesser spec'd/priced bike,frame style,at least,are very similar...I've learned I LOVE folder pics!).

Hobbes said...

Wow, that is a beautiful trail! I have been loving your delighful posts.

Sam Joslin said...

It saddens me to think that I have eaten pizzas bigger than the front wheel of your bicycle. But only until I contemplate the herculean task that eating your front wheel would be.

A beautiful place to ride, no doubt. Thanks for passing along the pictures.

Alex said...

I'm surprised the Dahon can handle terrain like that. I ride my folding bike off road, but I have a Montague which has full-size 26" wheels.

Tito Lopez said...

Howdy Kent. Glad you're still rocking your Dahon. I'll get back to writing my own blog soon. Www.tumblr.com/vindicatedbliss , #dudeonadahon I'd like a set of hook worms for my hexagram p8. happy riding dude.