Wednesday, April 11, 2012

#30DaysofBiking: Journey to see the Jets

Last week a fellow was raving in the grocery store to another customer about the wonders of the Museum of Flight. This guy was quite convincing and I realized that in all the years I've lived here, I've never actually been inside the Museum of Flight. I also realized that I had today off from work and that the letter for the day was "J". I decided to make a Journey to see the Jets.

I rode down the Issaquah Hobart Road, turned right at the Cedar Grove Road and then rode the Cedar River Trail to Renton. I'd arranged to meet my friend Mark Canizaro at Renton's unique public library. What's unique about the library is that is built over the Cedar River.

After lunch Mark and I worked our way west to the Green River and then rode north to Boeing Field and the Museum of Flight. Mark had other places to go but I paid my admission and spent a couple of very interesting hours in the museum.

Below are a bunch of pictures from the day.






































After my museum visit, I rode north to Seattle and stopped for a warming coffee at Zeitgeist before riding home.

53 miles for the day.

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah WA USA

4 comments:

Johann Rissik said...

It's a dream of mine to see that museum. One day.
Good to see those two-wheeled flying machines featuring ;)

Ryan M. said...

Great shots. Someday I am going to have to get out there and check this museum out myself.

Ray said...

Was that a Tidalforce electric bike (7th picture) that was locked up?

Kent Peterson said...

Yep, that's a Tidalforce. Not something you see every day.