Saturday, April 14, 2012

#30DaysofBiking: Meeting Matt


Matt suggested the theme for today: Meeting Matt. I've known Matt through the internet and his great blog Front Door Adventures for a while but we never actually met in real life until today. Matt rode over to Issaquah from Seattle and met me at the shop shortly before closing. We then walked the four blocks to my home where I grabbed the Octocog and we rode a quick loop up the Issaquah-Preston Trail to Highpoint, under I-90, back west along the northern edge of Tradition Lake, along the trail under the powerline and then back past the high school to my place. Matt's a very cool guy, adventurous and philosophical and not nearly as blurry in real life as he appears in the pictures I hastily snapped. We're already plotting future adventures together.


7 miles for the day. Matt wound up with a lot more, he rode back to Seattle.

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah WA USA

3 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

Great outdoor stuff! I'm off to check Matt's blog too. I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

Mimi said...

the highlights of a lot of our bike rides have been meeting other riders too.

The pace slows down and you get to talk and learn about this new (To you) person

Mimi Torchia Boothby Watercolors

Matt said...

Kent
I had a lot of fun hanging out, thanks for taking the time. The ride home was awesome and helped me really mentally dial in the Issaquah-Seattle ride (which by the way is really quite easy to navigate and low stress to ride). Looking forward to doing something fun this summer?

Thanks again,

Matt