Thursday, April 19, 2012

#30DaysofBiking: The Quarry in the 'Quah


Some letters in the Blogging From A to Z Challenge are harder than others. I didn't have any great ideas for today's letter, Q, until I woke up this morning. "The Quarry!" I exclaimed, "there's a quarry here in 'Quah!" Christine, who'd also just woken up, said "you're quite pleased about that, aren't you?" Indeed I was. Indeed I am.

And so, armed with my trusty bike and my trusty camera, I rode over to the north side of the freeway, at the base of the Plateau, where the quarry is. It's hard to get a good picture from ground level, so I rode up the Issaquah-Fall City Road and across on Black Nugget Road to the Highlands where I could get a better view.


While I was up on the Plateau, I took a few more pictures of some of the more recent developments in this part of town. They are building more homes up here. In another couple of years, the quarry may be replaced by more homes and businesses. 



The new Swedish Hospital is up on the Plateau as well and the grounds feature some nice hiking & biking trails.


A pedestrian bridge is being installed across Highlands Drive.


6 miles for the day.

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah WA USA

No comments: