Friday, April 20, 2012

#30DaysofBiking: Riding in the Rain


There is a saying that "There is no bad weather, only bad clothing." This is, of course, wrong. Both bad weather and bad clothing exist and the combination is certainly miserable. Good clothing can make bad weather a far less miserable experience, but all the wool and waterproofs won't make a cold rainy day as pleasant as a warm ride in the sunshine.

But I am not made of sugar or beautiful wickedness like a certain western witch, so I gather up my rain jacket, rain pants and bicycle with fenders and venture forth.



If it was sunnier I'd go farther but it's damp so I don't. As I've explained to my lovely wife, rain is Nature's way of prompting you to stop for coffee.


That seems like a wise course of action for the day.


After coffee by the fire, I roll back toward home. 4 more miles for the month.

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah WA USA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ventured fifth,I was behind you .

Joyce said...

Interesting blog theme. I like it. We live on a mountain and I'm too fraidy scared to pull my bike out here. I like flat : )

Good luck with the rest of the A-Z!

TBK said...

apples and oranges, lemons and lime I enjoy my riding wind ,rain or shine

Jeremy Bates said...

Rain, coffee and a ride. That sounds good save for the fact that I wouldn't want to do it daily.

Biking is good exercise indeed. Where I am presently traveling in the Philippines, ANY mode of transport is dangerous, especially bicycles and motorcycles.

cycler said...

Laughed out loud-at the "no bad clothes"

Too true, even the best clothes can't make a nasty day better than tolerable.