Tuesday, April 09, 2013

#30DaysofScooting: Morning Scoot


This morning was actually dry for a change, so I got out for about four miles of scooting before work. As I've mentioned previously, Issaquah has an excellent network of trails.


Many of the trees along Gilman Boulevard will bear fruit later in the year.


Today, the trees are in bloom.



The Issaquah Creek wanders through the valley on its way to Lake Sammamish.


The boardwalks along Route 900 make for bumpy scooting.


Heading west along Maple Street.


A muskrat makes his home in the pond beside the Maple Street Building.


A lot of folks rush right by these places. On foot or bike or scooter, you notice more.


This pond is behind the Trader Joe's and it is favored nesting area for a variety of birds.


The Community Garden has a really nifty gate.


I stop for tea at the Issaquah Coffee Company and then head off to work.

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah, WA USA

2 comments:

anwar said...

Nice pics. Have you met another Kickped user bytheway?

Kent Peterson said...

Hi anwar,

So far I have yet to meet another KickPed user. I have seen various kids on Razor scooters and I saw another adult at a bus stop with a Razor A5, but I'm still hoping to find other KickPed folks.