Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Coroplast Handlebar Bag

Back in 2002 I made a coroplast handlebar bag for my bike. I took some pictures and wrote a bit about the bag here:

The bag worked well and I used on various adventures including my tour back to Minnesota.

Over the years I've had various bikes and worked out various luggage solutions for them. My current green bike performed like a champ on my recent Washington state tour and my various commutes but I got to thinking I could use a bit more storage space up front for things like food and maybe a rain jacket. I also got to thinking about my old coroplast handlebar bag. I dimly remembered making an alternate version of that bag, one that turned out to be a bit too big for a bike without a front rack. But my green bike has a front rack...

I dig the second coroplast bag out of storage and it turns out to fit the green bike perfectly.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Even if it takes five years and I had no idea what the plan was when I started.

Post a Comment