Saturday, April 01, 2006

And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

Not every day is about big adventures. Some days I just do simple stuff like go to the bank, have a cup of coffee with my beautiful wife, catch up on some paper work, listen to the radio, feed the cat, watch too much South Park with the kids (I am not a parental role model), read a book, do laundry and other things that don't make for really exciting blog entries. It's been the kind of damp day that's good for doing things like this.

They say that there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I don't think that's true but I don't have to go far to look for treasure. I've known for quite some time that it's all right here. The photo above is the view out the door of my apartment this evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. My friend sms'd me today asking if i'd "Seen the rainbow?".

I replied later that "We were napping".

She said, "mmmm... napping".

So although I did miss out on a rainbow, I got a good nap instead. I guess rainbows and naps are both good :)

Kent, I really like your blog. I've been cycling vicariously through your site, seeing as I'm at home with a broken leg :(

I was just getting into commuting and cycling again, before I managed to fall down a waterfall and hurt myself (while stopped for lunch on a ride).

Now I can't wait to get back in the saddle, and your site is one of the reasons why...

Gino Zahnd said...

Juicy.

With all the rain we've been having in northern California this spring, the rainbows have been rivaling those found in Hawaii.