Saturday, April 13, 2013

#30DaysofScooting: Taxes and Trails and Bears


I scooted over to the post office this morning to mail off my tax return.


I headed north to check the progress on the paving of the Lake Sammamish Trail. The paving is complete from the boat launch area of the state park down to SE 62nd Street.


The section between SE 62nd Street and Gilman Boulevard is graded smooth, but not yet paved.


I scoot along the sidewalk, heading east.


The Brown Bear Car Wash has a life-size grizzly sculpture.



There are also some brown bear sculptures.


I scoot partway up the Plateau on the Issaquah-Preston Trail.


The skateboard kids have made their own art in the trail tunnel that passes under the road.


I roll back toward my neighborhood in Historic Downtown Issaquah.


The entrance to the hiking trails on the Tradition Plateau.


The map board at the parking area on Sunset Way.


There are real bears around here, but it's much easier to get pictures of the statues.



There is an extensive network of hiking trails on Tiger Mountain.

Four miles of scooting this morning and I'll be scooting back and forth to work as well.

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah, WA USA

No comments: