Sunday, April 28, 2013

#30DaysofScootering: Tolstoy Speaks of Scootering


This morning I wait for a break in the weather and get out for a fairly quick scooter trip of three miles. One reaction to the scooter that I've found interesting is the view expressed by some that my chosen mode of travel is somehow unsuited for a man of my years. Today I reread some words spoken by Tolstoy when he, at age 67, was criticized for learning to ride a bicycle. His words sum up the feelings I have awheel, be those wheels attached to a bicycle or a kick scooter.

"I feel that I am entitled to my share of lightheartedness and there is nothing wrong with enjoying one's self simply, like a boy."


Smart fellow, that Tolstoy.

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah, WA USA

No comments: