Friday, April 20, 2007

Mountain Biking the Great Divide

This is coming up next week and the folks at REI put together the breathless prose below. If you're in the Seattle area stop on by and I'll tell you some stories about the Great Divide Race.


26 April 2007

Kent in front of the Grand TetonsThursday 4/26/2007 7:00 PM

2490 miles. Solo. Self-supported. The ultimate mountain biking adventure. Less than ten people each year participate in the Great Divide Race, but even fewer have completed it on a single speed mountain bike--here's your chance to hear the story first-hand from one of those adventurers.

REI & the Bike Alliance of Washington are excited to welcome Kent Peterson, who currently holds the record for a single-speed finish of the GDR. Join us for an exciting look at this ultra-endurance mountain bike race through stories, images, and tips on touring this beautiful wilderness route.

This event is FREE, but donations to the Bike Alliance of Washington will gladly be accepted.

Location: Seattle REI, 222 Yale Ave N
Contact: 206-223-1944

See you there!

2 comments:

Alex said...

Let me know when the UK leg of the tour is happening and I'll be there :)

As a prospective future (a long way in the future) GDR'er I would love to listen to the tales and pick your brains, as is I'll just head out for some more miles tomorrow in the sunshine.

Alex

Anonymous said...

Kent I was hoping to make it but then it dawned on me that it is my 6 year old daughters birthday so it is unlikely she'll be very supportive of me attending that particular evening. I had really hoped to attend so I will stay tuned for the next talk (SIR meeting perhaps?)

Pat Rodden