Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Ride Anyway

The Puget Sound area is getting hit with a lot of warm moisture from what's known as a "Pineapple Express." Sunday night I made the mistake of watching the news and dire predictions of massive downpours and flooding made me nervous enough to take the bus on Monday. Yeah, I felt like a wimp. And to make things worse, my colleague Mark rode in yesterday and confirmed my suspicion, "what a great day to ride!" he said.

I rode in today and it really is a great day to ride. My pal Michael Rasmussen (the famous bike commuter, not the famous bike racer) has commented that he never regrets biking to work, but he often regrets the times when he drives to work. That's how I felt Monday. Maybe if it had been really horrible I would've felt different, but it was really just predicted to be wet. And wet isn't really horrible.
Post a Comment