Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Battery-Free LED Pedals

OK, these are cheap plastic pedals that probably won't hold up to any serious use. But when I saw this $17 pair of pedals at my local Target store I just had to buy them. And in case you are wondering, no I usually don't buy bike stuff at Target but I just can't resist cruising the aisle devoted to what my friends at Dirt Rag refer to as "bike-shaped objects."

Here's the deal, these pedals have a little built-in generator that makes six red LEDs light up each time the pedal goes around. They look really cool in the dark, cooler than having $17 in my wallet. So far I can't figure out how to attach Power Grips to these pedals and I don't think they'll replace my MKS Touring Pedals. I'll probably wind up putting them on my son's bike or the loaner bike at the Bike Alliance.
Post a Comment