Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Watching the Sunset


The above picture was painted by my friend Mimi Torchia Boothby last December. I just found the picture yesterday on her blog and I think it’s amazing. Mimi did such a wonderful job of capturing the beauty of seeing the world with your best friend. I just sent an email to Mimi and I’m buying the original painting for Christine.

I've known Don and Mimi Boothby for quite a few years now and while I've always known Don as a tough old randonneur, he's also a hell of a dreamer and a story teller. Want proof? Check out this post from his blog.

I don't think it's a coincidence that I've met so many kindred souls via bicycling. Christopher Morley wrote that "the bicycle, the bicycle surely, should always be the vehicle of novelists and poets." I'll add artists to that list and folks who take the time to appreciate the sunset with a friend.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful,my friend

The Disabled Cyclist

MG said...

Kent, this is a beautiful painting, and I did not realize that Don wrote.

I will always be grateful to Don for being such a positive and motivating force for my tandem partner and me when we rode the Cascade 1200K in 2006. He was just awesome! Thanks for this post and the link to his blog.