Friday, June 19, 2009

Lower Gear & Less Hair

The Livestrong Ride is on Sunday and I'm doing my final prep. I swapped out my 42 tooth chainring for a 38 tooth one. Four less teeth, two less chain links and a gear a bit lower for the climbs. But mostly, I'm counting on my "reverse-Samson" strategy -- I get stronger with less hair. So this is how I spent the first bit of this morning.


After getting most of the hair off with the trimmer, I finished things off with a couple of passes with a razor. Here is the result.


Of course, folks who know me know that I wear a cycling cap almost all the time, so I mostly look like this.


Sunday I ride. Look for photos and a report from the Seattle Livestrong Ride here sometime Monday. I've started doing that Twitter thing (still not sure how I feel about that) but I'll probably tweet live from the ride on Sunday via my Peek. I'm kentsbike on Twitter.

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent

11 comments:

RANTWICK said...

Hmmm. Samson theory... I hope it's true. I should be getting stronger slowly but surely if so.

Have a good ride.

Chad said...

Wouldn't you be even faster without the 'stache?

Have a great ride!

Kent Peterson said...

Christine drew the line at my losing the "nose neighbor" (to use Ned Flanders' phrase!)

Jack and Raquel said...

A bold move.

Jack

Michael R pdx said...

Crickey! I lose more hair than that with a normal hair cut.

Shave your legs too?

Go without a cycling cap?

Anonymous said...

Any tips for taking a razor to your head? I've wanted to do it, but stop at the trimmer. Soon as I lift that razor blade to my head i get the willies!

Kent Peterson said...

I've got no tips. I suck at self-barbering. I nicked myself a couple of times and I missed a patch of hair behind one ear. I've got it pretty well fixed up now.

Unknown said...

Sunscreen, my man, SUNSCREEN! You'll not regret the sunscreen...

- Zeke

Michael R pdx said...

@Anonymous - go electric! Maybe a six blade (they really do cut smoother) would work.

When my head was shaved for a Locks of Love benefit they just buzz trimmed it down tight. I finished shaving it in the shower. Nicked myself in several places. Didn't hurt as much as you'd think.

Fatty said...

looks good on you.

chatty cathy said...

lookin GOOD!