Sunday, May 06, 2012

Grant Petersen in Seattle on May 11th

Grant Petersen, the bicycle riding founder of Rivendell Bicycle Works will be in Seattle this Friday to talk about his book, Just Ride: A Radically Practical Guide to Riding Your Bike. Details of his Seattle appearance can be found at Brian Hanson's blog One Cycle Seattle. Basically, the schedule looks like this:

Grant will do a brief talk about his book from 5:00 PM to 5:30 PM at Free Range Cycles followed by a half-hour Question and Answer Session. A bike ride along the ship canal & out to Golden Gardens will follow starting at 6:00 PM. The proposed route can be seen by following a link on Brian's Blog.

Brian asked me to help spread the word about Grant's talk and the ride, something that I'm happy to do. Brian tells me that he "hopes they have a good turnout." I know how big Free Range Cycles is (it's a great shop, but it's tiny!) and I know how popular Grant is in bike-crazed Seattle, so I don't think the problem will be that too few people show up for this event. It's a good thing the forecast is for good weather because I don't think everybody is going to fit inside Free Range Cycles. But don't let that keep you from going. Grant's an interesting, thoughtful guy and Friday night looks like it'll be a good time.

Keep 'em rolling,

Kent "Mountain Turtle" Peterson
Issaquah WA USA


3 comments:

Tom said...

I pre-ordered his book using your link. Keep on blogging, Kent!

I guess I'm somewhat of a Grant fan. I ride platform pedals, have a basket on my bike, and wear MUSA shorts. Did I mention I have one of those giant yellow rain ponchos? Oh, and I use that pine tar soap, too.

Anonymous said...

I was in Books-A-Million last eve and saw it-I might not have noticed it but for this post,so I picked it up (will begin reading it this evening,thanks for the heads up,my friend :)

The Disabled Cyclist

adventure! said...

I'm looking forward to Grant's appearance in Portland the next day. And I have him to thank for the pine tar soap as well.