Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Any Bicycling Hypermilers Out There?

Here's the random thought from last night's commute. There are automobile drivers who identify themselves as hypermilers, who drive in such a way as to minimize their fuel use. Now I know there are many speed-focused cyclists and stop-and-smell-the-roses types but does anybody know of a hypermiling cyclist out there? I picture somebody who uses a Power Tap hub not to maximize their power output and workout, but rather to minimize their energy expenditure. Someone who brags not that they rode from here to there at some fast speed but rather at some low caloric burn rate.

While this isn't the kind of thing I'd obsess over, I can picture it being the thing somebody would obsess over. So I'll ask, are there any hypermiler cyclists out there?
Post a Comment